Spring is right around the corner, which means it’s time to plan a road trip! Whether you’re on your way to your favorite coastal destination, taking a trip through the beautiful countryside, or just exploring with no particular landing point in mind, an RV provides a comfortable, luxurious way to enjoy your trip.
As you begin prepping for the spring and summer seasons, be sure to check these areas for safe travels:
Inspect your tires. Nothing puts a dent in your journey like a flat tire. As your camper or RV is sitting unused, it is possible for tires to deflate or even crack over time.
Clean your water system. RV antifreeze is an excellent way to keep your water tank, pipelines, and pump safe from the frigid winter temperature, but it’s important to completely flush antifreeze from your water system. Be sure to dispose of it in a way that adheres to state and federal regulations.
Check for mold. If your RV was stored outside, it may have experienced moisture over the winter season. Check thoroughly for mold or have a professional inspect your vehicle.
Replace your smoke detector batteries and carbon monoxide detector. Safety first! This is also a good time to check your fire extinguisher gauge to be sure it’s still full.
Check your propane system for leaks. Lines can dry out, become bent, or experience damage from rodents.
After you ensure the safety of your vehicle, it’s important to check with your insurance agent and update your RV insurance if necessary. Contact us today to make sure your policy is up to date and covers all of your necessary liabilities.
Your relationship with your insurance agent is important, and, like any good relationship, communication is essential. The Insurance Information Institute encourages you to speak to your insurance agent at least once a year in order to ensure all of your coverage needs are being met.*
Keep us up to date with major life events, including:
- Both home and auto insurance may be affected by your marital status. Young couples in their 20’s could see as high as a 20-26% decrease in car insurance premiums after saying their “I do’s.” In contrast, several common insurance plans can be viewed as assets in a marriage and are important to regulate during divorce settlements. Additionally, you may find that a different policy may better suit your needs once you are single.
- A child being born, beginning to drive, or moving out of the household
- The birth of a child is a significant landmark in life. Like you, we want your little one to have access to top-of-the-line health insurance. Typically, parents are encouraged to notify insurance agents of an additional child within 30 days of birth. It is paramount that your child receives essential health benefits, such as newborn, pediatric, and preventative care.
- Beep, beep: student driver coming through! Whether your child is borrowing the family wagon or has recently gotten a new ride of his/her own, members of a household who intend to drive must be insured under a single household policy. Moreover, each family car must be insured, as well.
- Could it really be possible that your child is leaving home to navigate the world alone? It can be difficult to determine when to discontinue coverage for an aging child. Our professionals can help guide you through your options based on your family’s unique situation.
- Treating yourself to fun new purchases
- Have you decided you’re born to ride? Maybe you splurged on an RV or ATV to enjoy nature in a novel way, or you’re planning on spending the upcoming summer on your new boat. Penny Insurance offers exceptional insurance coverage on all of your unique modes of transportation.
- A loved one in need of long-term care
- As we age, our needs (and roles) change. If you believe your loved one is in need of long-term care, we have policies that cover in-home services, nursing homes, and assisted living. Even if care is not needed immediately, call an agent to determine a plan and discuss options for the future.
- The addition of a pet
- As “man’s best friend,” we want the best for our beloved pets. At Penny Insurance, we offer insurance covering injury and illness of your pet, as well as treatments by veterinarians and other specialists.
- Other significant purchases
- When in doubt, call an agent to discuss the viability of insuring your latest investment.
Catching up with your insurance agent ensures timely and efficient service, as well as the opportunity to learn about our latest policy updates, potential discounts, and helpful insurance tips. Call us today to rekindle your relationship with your agent!
National Umbrella Day! Yes, today, February
10, is a day dedicated to honor one of the most useful and functional devices.
Umbrellas serve many purposes such as keeping you dry, accessorizing your
outfit and protecting you from the harsh rays of the sun. Just like the
umbrella has excellent coverage and protection, so does umbrella insurance, also
known as Personal Excess Liability Insurance. According to The Street, umbrella insurance goes “above and beyond” the limits
of certain personal insurance policies, such as homeowners and auto insurance.
Umbrella insurance covers for claims that are often excluded by liability
insurance policies.* In addition to your existing coverage, it may protect you
from damages resulting from:**
- False Arrest
- Malicious prosecution
- Landlord liability
- Serious bodily injury
- Serious property destruction
These insurance policies begin
working when your regular insurance liability coverage gets maxed out. The
purpose of an umbrella policy is to prevent large liability claims or judgments,
which primarily benefits people who are not able to afford to pay for the costs
insurance is an excellent way to add an extra layer of coverage to your
liability protection, because often times when it rains, it pours. People tend
to work hard and save their money to provide themselves with a secured
financial future. However, unexpected situations often transpire and we are not
prepared for them. If you are involved in an
accident without proper liability coverage, you can end up paying for damages
out-of-pocket. However, purchasing umbrella insurance can help you avoid this kind
of situation. This feature not only increases the
coverage on your current policies, but can include coverage for accidents not
typically included in other policies.
Home renovation, rental tenants,
frequent entertaining, ownership of a pool or trampoline, board of directors
participation, ownership of recreational vehicles, and even the use of social
media are just a few risk factors that may increase your need for umbrella
conclusion, we at Penny Insurance advise you to consider the following
questions posed by Russ Alan Prince, writer for Forbes, in regards to the
importance of investing in this insurance:
- What will happen if you or your child
causes a car accident resulting in serious injuries and death of others?
- How would you pay for the treatment of
someone who hurts himself or herself in your home and claims negligence? What
happens when they claim to have greatly suffered because of the injury?
if a stranger on your property beats your dog and in self-defense your dog
bites the person, and then you are sued?*****
Umbrella Insurance / Personal Excess Liability Insurance will give you the best
possible protection against any of these claims.
You’ve worked hard for
your assets and that’s why you deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labors
without fear of losing them. Experience the ultimate peace of mind with Penny
Insurance’s personal excess liability plans, unique to you and your needs.
After all, liability issues are everywhere and you never know what could result
in a lawsuit. To learn more about umbrella
insurance, call us today to
speak to a professional. Like a good umbrella, Penny Insurance always has you
covered with your best interests in mind.
HENDERSONVILLE, N.C.— Will Penny, president of Penny Insurance Agency, celebrates his 25th year at the company. Penny is a graduate of Wofford College and was awarded a Certified Advisor of Personal Insurance (CAPI) designation in 2017 from the Aresty Institute of Executive Education at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Chubb Insurance.
Since 1931, Penny Insurance Agency has been dedicated to providing outstanding insurance services to the families and businesses of Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina. It has prided itself in being able to offer a complete line of insurance coverage from homeowners’ insurance to business insurance, farm insurance to equine insurance, auto insurance to business vehicle insurance.
“It has been such an honor leading Penny Insurance into its 88th year,” Penny says. “As a third-generation family-owned business, we understand the importance of strong relationships, and we understand that sometimes, life just happens. Having the opportunity to form these relationships and help people choose the best policies has been extremely rewarding and something that I thoroughly enjoy doing every day.”
Penny and his wife, Lynn, have been married for 25 years, and he is the proud father of four beautiful daughters. In his free time, Penny enjoys partaking in outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, and golf in his North Carolina home.
About Penny Insurance Agency
Penny Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina, specifically Tryon, Hendersonville, Asheville, Landrum, Campobello and Spartanburg and is licensed in multiple states. Founded in 1931 with a mission to provide the very best insurance protection at the most affordable price, Penny Insurance is still serving as a leading independent insurance agency for families and businesses. Contact Penny Insurance Agency at its website or by calling 828-692-9171. Connect with Penny Insurance Agency on Facebook and Twitter.