When that moment comes and you need help, Penny Insurance wants to make sure you know what to expect and what to do in the moments following a car crash. Thanks to our friends at Chubb Insurance, below are quick tips to keep in mind:
- Immediately after an accident, call 911 or the police for emergency assistance
- Remain at the scene of the accident
- Take photos of the accident scene, including all cars. Snap photos of license plates and all objects the car came in contact with like streets signs
- Take notes that describe the damage to your vehicle, other vehicles, people or objects
- Obtain vehicle and driver information for others involved in the accident and any witnesses, including name, contact and insurance information.
- Record the name and precinct of the police officer at the scene of the accident
After completing these steps and gathering all necessary information, contact your Penny Insurance agent to begin processing your claim. Your agent will help you through every part of the claims process and will be there to answer any questions you may have.
Keep this Accident Worksheet in your car to help you in the event of a car crash. It will remind you of the steps you should take, as well as give you a place to write all necessary notes.